This soup is a great way to get in 4-5 servings of vegetables in one meal! Plus, you can blend the soup in the end, so the picky eaters in your house won’t see all the nutrition they are eating!
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup diced carrot
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 diced potato
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup total of diced vegetables of choice (cauliflower, broccoli, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, peas)
- 4 cups broth (1 box)
- 1 can/package lentils or 1 cup dried (brown or green)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients into an Instant Pot and set to 10 minutes or a Crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Or on the stovetop, sauté onion and garlic in a splash of broth in a large pot.
- After a few minutes add carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and the rest of the broth.
- If using dried lentils, add them here. Add thyme.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- If using canned lentils, then add at the end and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use immersion blender to combine.