This comforting soup comes together in under 30 minutes. Puree for a smooth result or keep it chunky if you’d like. Top it off with a swirl of sour cream or plain yogurt (regular or DF) to make it fancy!
2 ribs celery
1 small onion
1 medium apple
1 Tbsp butter or oil (optional)
1 can pureed butternut squash or pumpkin (not pie mix) – You can use 3 cups of cubed fresh squash/pumpkin – make sure to cook the soup a bit longer to be sure all pieces are soft.
3 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup coconut cream (from a can)
½ tsp nutmeg (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop celery and onion into tiny pieces and put in soup pot
- Peel and grate carrot and apple and add to soup pot
- Sauté with butter/oil or 2 Tbsp broth until onions are soft
- Stir in canned/fresh squash and broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Stir in coconut cream and spices. Adjust as needed.
- You can optionally blend this soup carefully in a blender or with an immersion blender for a smoother end result.